• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ANA Summer Seminar Scholarship Received

4 posts in this topic

I have been awarded a Robert Lecce Scholarship (partial, tuition only) for the Summer Seminar this coming June. The value is $770. Because of the “extras” I ordered, including 3 extra nights room and board, to catch events between the two main weeks, I am spending a similar amount. The Robert Lecce is the only one offered by the ANA to adults of any financial status. The application was almost as daunting as a college application, complete with the essay. 

I wanted class #31 - A Survey of 20th and 21st Century World Coins, but that only has two sign ups, so I will most likely be in:

#34 - A History of U.S. Colonial Coins, Currency, and Medals, taught by Dr. Jesse Kraft of the ANS.

Next year, I will be applying for one of F.U.N. scholarships that are offered. Object lesson: sharpen up your writing skills.

Edited by VKurtB

On 4/16/2024 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

I have been awarded a Robert Lecce Scholarship (partial, tuition only) for the Summer Seminar this coming June. The value is $770. Because of the “extras” I ordered, including 3 extra nights room and board, to catch events between the two main weeks, I am spending a similar amount. The Robert Lecce is the only one offered by the ANA to adults of any financial status. The application was almost as daunting as a college application, complete with the essay. 

I wanted class #31 - A Survey of 20th and 21st Century World Coins, but that only has two sign ups, so I will most likely be in:

#34 - A History of U.S. Colonial Coins, Currency, and Medals, taught by Dr. Jesse Kraft of the ANS.

Next year, I will be applying for one of F.U.N. scholarships that are offered. Object lesson: sharpen up your writing skills.

...i can read ritin' but cant rite readin'...r u 'llowed to draw pitchers?....

On 4/16/2024 at 10:53 PM, VKurtB said:

Both courses sound very interesting. Never heard of the scholarship.

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2024 at 5:52 AM, Zebo said:

Both courses sound very interesting. Never heard of the scholarship.

They are competitively awarded. Some full scholarships complete with transportation expenses, and others like mine -tuition only. Class #31 is on the cancellation chopping block. They need a rush of students to save it. 

Edited by VKurtB