• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certifying error coins
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Using this picture I found as an example. I have a few error coins I want to get certified. Some don’t have dates because of the error. On the NGC list of coins they won’t certify, the one line does say if the coin doesn’t have a date it’s not eligible for certification. When I try to submit coins online, one of the first things it requires you type in a date. I tried ND for no date and I tried to leave it blank and go to the next step and it doesn’t let you without filling a date in. So what date should I put in there for similar coins like pictured. 

IMG_4990.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @Gregory hoffer! Thanks for reaching out. We would be happy to review the coin(s) for any Mint Error attributions! We offer a Mint Error review add-on service that is +$18 per coin to the grading tier fee when requested. With this service added on, we will review the coin(s) for any Mint Errors and attribute them on the label if eligible. If you are unsure of or cannot see the date on the coin, use the fillable PDF version of the submission form at Submission Forms | NGC. This will allow you to enter n/a or n/d in the "date" field! Thanks again for reaching out and please let us know if we may assist you in the future.