• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2000 - P Sacagawea Dollar Coin with possibly either graffiti or an engravement (Love Token?)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I am revising my post to this forum so that I can maybe get some thoughts on this particular thing I found. And no I definitely did not do this I found it like this and IMO it is too perfect for it to have been coin damage as the marks look like it is from engravement from a tool of some kind. But it also could be someone who graffitied the coin to make it even cooler but dropping the value at the same time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4wdVFILJrjOLalowGi1k8z1SjNYTzOq7DcUPY0/

Can't tell anything from the photos. Graffiti ruins the coin, although Sacajawea dollars are not worth a premium, anyway.

On 3/21/2024 at 10:07 AM, RWB said:

Can't tell anything from the photos. Graffiti ruins the coin, although Sacajawea dollars are not worth a premium, anyway.

I was merely showing off what coin it actually was. The most detailed photo I can give of the y-cut on the eagle is there. Have you tried to pause the video and darken the screen? It might be better. 

If it is from an engraving tool and I will have to take your word for it,(can’t tell from the photo)   
then it would be considered a damaged coin, no matter how well it was done. Doesn’t really
matter though as most Sacajawea dollars are only worth a dollar.