• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2007 Washington missing lettering
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I hate to echo Hillary, but "what difference, at this point, does it make? Suppose I said, No. Then what?  Now, off the record, I would have gotten two rolls of quarters for that "twenny" bucks.  🤣

On 3/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I hate to echo Hillary, but "what difference, at this point, does it make? Suppose I said, No. Then what?  Now, off the record, I would have gotten two rolls of quarters for that "twenny" bucks.  🤣

But what does it cost to certify 2 rolls of quarters? 😆 

On 3/18/2024 at 2:21 PM, Errorists said:

Picked this up for 20 bucks. Good deal or bad deal?

What did it cost to put it down....? ;)

Seriously, in terms of what it costs to have a plain, otherwise non-descript coin certified, it was a bargain, or as you put it, a good deal.

2007 and certain other Presidential dollars without edge lettering have turned out to be relatively common and not worth the $37 in grading and error attribution fees, not to mention the allocable portion of the processing and shipping costs, that a collector member would have to pay NGC to grade and encapsulate such a coin. The NGC Price Guide lists George Washingtons at $60 in MS 65, but this price was last updated in 2014, and interest in them appears to have diminished since then. See Presidential Dollars (2007-2020) | Price Guide & Values | NGC (ngccoin.com).   If you had to have one in a certified holder, however, it wasn't a bad deal.  

I have a lightly circulated (2008) Andrew Jackson dollar without edge lettering for which I paid $1.  I got it at a bank when I bought some dollar coins to use as public transportation fare. I put it in a flip and haven't thought about it much.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:18 PM, Errorists said:

Another one came in today. Less then grading fees.

20240319_101002.jpg

20240319_101014.jpg

Testing 1-2-3, testing...

Are you the proud owner of this coin error?  Was the dollar coin the first of this series?  The OP, and the OP only:  Can you tell me why the date on the label is "bracketed" with parentheses?

No further questions.

On 3/22/2024 at 7:26 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Testing 1-2-3, testing...

Are you the proud owner of this coin error?  Was the dollar coin the first of this series?  The OP, and the OP only:  Can you tell me why the date on the label is "bracketed" with parentheses?

No further questions.

Perhaps, to indicate there is no mint mark?

On 3/22/2024 at 8:50 PM, Errorists said:

Perhaps, to indicate there is no mint mark?

Close... to indicate there is no date. Same as those ASE coins from one mint that were actually minted at another.  Ah, you remember!  Had to do with San Francisco and West Point, I forget which.  (thumbsu