• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weltanshauuung
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Pronunciation:  VELT-ahn-show-ung ("ow" as in "cow")

What is you personal weltanshauung, i.e., comprehensive conception or apprehension of the world especially from a specific standpoint of coinage?

🐓 : What prompted you to post this Topic?

Q.A.:  My wife and I stopped by Grand Central Terminal to pick up a newspaper -- all since downsized, unavailable from most "news stands" and prohibitively priced to "force" people to subscribe online -- and when I went to pay for it, there was no one there to give my money to! There was a pad to scam items and tap or slide any number of payment cards. I did find someone but he reacted as if he had never seen currency before.  So, I have seen the future, and it is here. My apologies to the member who services vending machines. If cash is a problem, can coins be far behind? For the curious... yes, One Vanderbilt, hard by GCT's western side is complete at 1,401' -- but 3 buildings in NYC are taller.  My prediction: there will come a time when the U.S. Mint abandons circulation strikes entirely and produces deluxe proof sets only for the benefit of those who wish to reminisce with their children and grandchildren as to the ways things once were.