• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buy U.S. Mint Products? Lost Shipments Aren't Their Problem.
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Your post is deserving of at least one reply.  It might as well be mine.  You muse that lost shipments aren't their problem. Well, maybe they shouldn't be.  The last time I dealt with the Mint -- that escapade is memorialized at Moderation's discretion on the Unsolicited Comments thread -- was around the time either before or after they were blindsided by orders and decided to farm that function out to authorized dealers. What a mess! That way they wouldn't have to deal with the public directly.  I became disenchanted with the Mint and Mint products.  You could not pay ME to place an order for coins made from synthetic (non-bullion) metals.  I don't know if it's legal or not, but I have effectively boycotted their entire product line.  There are others who have adopted the same tack. I was unaware of this latest wrinkle in abdication of responsibility to their loyal subscriber base which I would think they would want to continue if only to maintain cordial customer relations.  I guess it is up to the consumer marketplace to decide whether that is a cost-effective move on their part.  And to think there was a time when you could acquire a proof set for only two dollars and ten cents!

Thank you for taking the time to share this development with the membership.

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die polishing.

On 2/21/2024 at 3:13 AM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Do any of you recall threads discussing lost/stolen shipments 10 years ago ?  20 years ago ?  :o

Only the chartered, long-time members would know.  Anecdotally speaking, that activity has either picked up, or may seem so due to better reporting.  🤔