• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-Holdering 2000-P Sacagawea Speared Eagle
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I heard our host is now putting FS-901 on 2000-P Sacagawea Speared Eagle labels.  I haven't seen one yet.  Is this true?  If it is, can we re-submit our slabs and have this done?

• Administrator

Hello @tj96

Thank you for reaching out to us. The 2000 Sacagawea Dollar can be submitted for the FS-901 variety designation. You can view the varieties NGC will recognize for this coin here: https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/dollars/sacagawea-dollars-2000-date/

You can submit your graded coin for VarietyPlus service to have this variety added. The fee for VarietyPlus is $18.00 per coin. 

FYI: All "Ask NGC" posts are moderated by customer service and your questions will remain pending until we can review and answer your question. 

If you have any other questions please let us know. 

On 1/31/2024 at 8:15 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @tj96

Thank you for reaching out to us. The 2000 Sacagawea Dollar can be submitted for the FS-901 variety designation. You can view the varieties NGC will recognize for this coin here: https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/dollars/sacagawea-dollars-2000-date/

You can submit your graded coin for VarietyPlus service to have this variety added. The fee for VarietyPlus is $18.00 per coin. 

FYI: All "Ask NGC" posts are moderated by customer service and your questions will remain pending until we can review and answer your question. 

If you have any other questions please let us know. 

Thank you very much for the feedback. I have 3 MS-67 NGC slabbed Sacagawea speared eagles in the mail to you now for re-holdering.  Just to clarify, NGC will put FS-901 on the label, correct?

• Administrator

Hello @tj96

Yes, when you choose VarietyPlus on your submission form, FS-901 will be designated on the label as long as the coin qualifies for the variety designation, of course. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

On 2/1/2024 at 9:00 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @tj96

Yes, when you choose VarietyPlus on your submission form, FS-901 will be designated on the label as long as the coin qualifies for the variety designation, of course. 

Thanks very much for the feedback.  My package has arrived at NGC.

On 2/1/2024 at 9:00 AM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @tj96

@NickiO CS, KakileeS CS

So I submitted the coins just like you guys said.  Now I get an e-mail from Julia J. and Shyna W. telling me they can not put the FS-901 numbers on the labels!!

Can either of you PLEASE explain what the heck is going on over there??  WHY DOES NGC put the FS number on some holders and NOT others??  NGC recognizes the FS0-901 for the 2000-P Sacagawea dollar Speared Eagle. This Speared Eagle is a widely recognized variety/error.  AGAIN, WHY DOES NGC put the FS number on some holders and NOT others??