• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 No Mint Quarter - Is this an example of doubling
1 1

3 posts in this topic

First off, I know the pics suck and I have a request for suggestions on another post, I am very well aware. The In God We Trust and date, are there any indicators of DDO? Is that the right thing to call it? Is this worth getting graded? I saw some others with the T and Y in :Liberty messed up like that is it an error or just worn down?

There were no pictures posted, but it may be "worthless" machine doubling instead of a doubled die.  See the attached and info on Wexler's site (doubleddie.com) to help tell the difference, and also look up verified doubled dies for your coin.

Errors-DoubledDieGraphic.jpg

Hard to tell without pictures but about 90% of the time someone thinks they have a Doubled Die, it is just  
worthless Machine Doubling. Also if you have a couple of letters “messed up”, then it is probably damage.