• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Bucking the Counterfeiters: The Science Behind Franklin's Money Printing"

2 posts in this topic

Excellent presentation by Dr. Khachatur Manukyan is a Research Associate Professor at the Nuclear Science Laboratory in the Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Notre Dame.

Available on the American Philosophical Society. "If you are joining us remotely, you can follow the program through our live stream. If you can not tune in at 6 pm, the stream can be played back at a later time. "

... much about his-to-ry... don't know much about phi-los-o-phy..

The extent of my knowledge about the Government's abandonment of large ornate bills, is two-fold.  One, using less paper resulted in less costs, and Two, while I do not know the precise decision-making involved, it was felt those ornate designs made the bills look "busy" and by extension facilitated counterfeiting.  Being an old dinosaur, I post this comment for what it's worth.