• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guide to do grading and registration of 103 world coins
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello, Forum,

I am holding 103 world old coins from all over the world. this coins are very old. can someone guide how to take care of them and grading systems.

Jayshree

Welcome to the forum, this section of the forum is for members to buy and sell items, you should use the newbie or US/world sections when seeking advice.   I have flagged the mods to have this thread moved to an appropriate area, please do not make a new duplicate thread as that will only be confusing.

First and very important is do not attempt to improve or clean any of the coins, that could easily ruin any collector value the coin may have.   Second it is not possible to answer your question in any detailed way without more information, are you a collector or did you just buy this lot out of the blue, what dates, what countries, what denominations, circulated or mint state?   All that information and more will be needed, in the absence of additional information all anyone can do is give you some very basic and general advice.   I suggest that you look for any coin shops around you, contact that shop(s) and see if they are able to review your coins, not every small coin dealer has the expertise to do an evaluation of world coins.   Remember that you will need to pay for this service so inquire how much that will cost.

If you are not a collector something that surprises many non-collectors is that even very old coins do not always equate to expensive coins.  Said another way, just because a coin is old does not mean it is automatically valuable, this is especially true with many world coins.   I say this so that you don't have your hopes up to high and are disappointed with a much lower valuation.   As a result many old coins, both US and world, are not worth sending to a TPG like NGC for grading.

If you post some clear in focus cropped photos of a few of the coins you have I'm sure that one of the world coin collectors or dealers that are members of the forum can help you with both identification and a ballpark valuation.