• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 1

2 posts in this topic

I found this penny in a roll and it looks beat up but it's not.  It looks like it was struck with a larger coin and triple striked it over Lincolns portrait.   But while it looks to be triple strikes with a different coin it also seemed to rotate.  Both sides have been strikes and I'm not sure if the back is a different coin striking it as it looks to have like the flower leaves from a dime.  The obverse doesn't look to busy (noticeable to some degree), until you zoom in and then it's like OH my God, what am I looking at.  It gets confusing as I figured out it's triple strikes.  I think I see what looks to be feathers and eagle feet, but then I also see like one arrow in a holder with lines in it.  It's a penny but the pictures show a real pretty gold color over it that the naked eye doesn't see and it also looks to be layered as in some places up close you can see numbers/letters inside the ridge. What I thought to be like a ribbon above the date turns out to be part of the double striking.  It's really intriguing when zoomed in very close and turning the picture to decipher what you think you see.  Everything is pretty much readable zoomed in and at times I think I see mirrored images as to all of this together makes it confusing for me.  Is there a way to get the penny through the computers layered so that you can see the different strikes separately to determine what coin it was struck with?  I see eagle feet (maybe) sitting on the top of his shoulder and a branch with a few leaves below the liberty.  I think I also see maybe the eagle head over top of Lincolns head.  It's hard to decipher  for me as I am new to this but did colle t coins when I was younger.

I also am wanting to know if I submit it for grading/errors are the people trustworthy  to send it back to me cuz I feel like it is a very rare coin with all that's going on with it. It is a little sunk in the middle of the coin I am thinking by the machine and is noticeable on the back of the coin.Lincoln looks to be sunk in the center but he is not distorted at all.  I will send a raw picture  so I can get thoughts about it. I also thought if I made it black and white I wouldn't be so distracted by everything I see in it but I couldn't get it to show hardly any of the details. Might just be that the photo editor sucks.  I read that they grade and you have to pay a percentage of what the coin is worth.  Am I understanding that right cuz if it's rare then I don't have that kind of money to pay a percentage.  Any advice with any of my questions will be welcomed.  Thanks

Screenshot_20240106_123954_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_124457_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_152339_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_150651_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_123330_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_113002_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240106_112648_Gallery.jpg