• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1919 s wheat cent, weights 2.59 grams
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I found this 1919 s wheat cent, apparently struck in another blank, it is slightly thinner and weights 2.59 grams,  - I  do not think the weight relates to the wear, I had seen worse and the weight does not go that low, instead i believe it relates to the thickness  of the coin missing some lettering and a number , I made some  comparison to others and switch scales to be sure , please see the pictures and comment with your opinion. Thanks

IMG_0075.jpeg

IMG_0076.jpeg

IMG_0072.jpeg

IMG_0073.jpeg

IMG_0070.jpeg

Welcome to the forum, this section of the forum is for members selling and buying coins, questions should be asked in the Newbie or US coin sections of the forum; I have flagged it for the mods to move this thread to the appropriate area.   The most likely explanation is an end of roll blank which can result in a thin underweight planchet to start with.   Then add in the wear and tear and any other abuse this might have happened in the past 100+ years and the low weight seems quite possible.