• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Legend Rare Coin Auctions - Closing

9 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2023 at 10:34 AM, Simple Collector said:

Just got official notice from Laura that Legend Auctions is closing immediately.

I had heard rumors about it some time right before Christmas.

But not legend numismatics her main business.

Gee, when I see stuff like this I wonder whether one of two things happened. 1) The legalities of being an auction house became onerous, or 2) Laura just got tired of hearing “no”.

We know Laura Sperber has a history of getting butthurt and quitting things when things get less than easy.

She summarily quit 1) being present at ANA Board of Governors meetings when the Board started voting against her motions, 2) she quit a much ballyhooed merger with Morphy Auctions of Pennsylvania because Morphy wouldn’t submit to Laura’s insanity, and 3) now this. 

Laura is simply unstable, …. and a functional illiterate. 

On 12/28/2023 at 9:47 PM, VKurtB said:

Gee, when I see stuff like this I wonder whether one of two things happened. 1) The legalities of being an auction house became onerous, or 2) Laura just got tired of hearing “no”. We know Laura Sperber has a history of getting butthurt and quitting things when things get less than easy.  She summarily quit 1) being present at ANA Board of Governors meetings when the Board started voting against her motions, 2) she quit a much ballyhooed merger with Morphy  auctions of Pennsylvania because Morphy wouldn’t submit to Laura’s insanity, and 3) now this.   Laura is simply unstable...and a functional illiterate. 

Stop beating around the bush and tell us how you REALLY feel, Kurt !! xD

Edited by GoldFinger1969