• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help to identify?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2023 at 3:42 PM, Heather67 said:

I'm dissolving my father's collection and cannot find this coin on any image searches or coin apps. It measures 1.75" wide and 29.29 grams. Any help is much appreciated.

IMG_8244.jpg

IMG_8243.jpg

Welcome to the Forum!

I know not what it is but suspect it is not a "coin" in the usual sense of the word.  

Hopefully, someone will drop by with the precise information you seek.  Best of luck!

I agree with HC in that this may not be a coin, I don't think it is. It looks like there may be some text at the top of the piece in the second pic, if you can provide better images we might be able to get a little further in the investigation. 

On 12/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, Heather67 said:

There is text wrapped around the top, very much coin-like. We think it might say Austria at one area.

This is almost certainly a medal or commemorative souvenir of some sort, if you can provide clear pictures of the complete text people may be able to narrow the choices down. Is there any edge lettering on the piece?

Edited by Fenntucky Mike
Words