• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poltina 1710
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I’m trying to see whether this one is teal or not. I took it to the dealer, who inspected the metal, weight and it is silver. He was not sure about the edge and letters. He said it is 50/50 chance that it is fake. I hope somebody can take a look at the pics and help me.  

IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

Цена монеты Poltina 1710 year "Portrait of 1707" 443437 (m-dv.ru)

Цена монеты Poltina 1710 year "Portrait of 1707" 387935 (m-dv.ru)

Thanks for your response, I am greatly appreciate it.  Now I look at this one and think that mine and the one on this website are identical.  

Edited by victor382

The coin looks authentic. I have compared the coin to a verified 1710 "Portrait of 1707" Poltina. The details, wear pattern and patina all suggest this is an authentic coin. The coin has been cleaned at some time in the past and re toned as evidenced by the hairline scratches on the coin. Although cleaned and hairline scratched the coin is scarce. If straight graded VF the coin is worth $1500 if straight graded XF its worth $3500. The coin would most likely get a VF DETAILS Improperly cleaned grade. There is some verdigris on the coin as well that may cause it to not be encapsulated. If in fact the coin does get a holder with a VF Details Cleaned grade, then the coin would be worth approximately $500-$600 about half of the $1400 value of the coin in VF.

Edited by Mike Meenderink