• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PCGS Grading
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I just received 6 of my coins returned with four 69’s one 68 and one 70. REALLY??? These were straight from US Mint and they all received the first strike.  I’m dumbfounded. The true view shows scratches on the 68 that were not there prior to being mailed. I checked all 6 for obvious marks but found nothing to hold any coins back. What to do with that scratched 68. I didn’t do it.

Has anyone had any good experiences in resubmitting coins. It seems like a waste of money. Do they really re grade?   

ANY OBSERVATION GREATLY APPRECIATED 

Edited by Steeler-guy

On 12/18/2023 at 2:56 AM, Steeler-guy said:

I just received 6 of my coins returned with four 69’s one 68 and one 70. REALLY??? These were straight from US Mint and they all received the first strike.  I’m dumbfounded. The true view shows scratches on the 68 that were not there prior to being mailed. I checked all 6 for obvious marks but found nothing to hold any coins back. What to do with that scratched 68. I didn’t do it.

Has anyone had any good experiences in resubmitting coins. It seems like a waste of money. Do they really re grade?   

ANY OBSERVATION GREATLY APPRECIATED 

Which coins did you submit?

It'd most likely be a waste of money to resubmit them.

Edited by Fenntucky Mike

If the coin has visible marks I would agree with @Fenntucky Mike that it would be a waste of money to resubmit.   I don't collect or submit modern coins so I have no specific observations to report, but I can say that I have read complaints on multiple forums of issues similar to yours with the op's claiming that the issue happened while at a TPG.   And I do not say this to be mean but if you did not take good clear large photos of the coins prior to submitting it's a case of he said she said.(shrug)

On 12/18/2023 at 6:14 PM, Steeler-guy said:

The Morgan peace rev of set

I suspected it was this set, I've read a lot of complaints about the quality of these coins and am not surprised by your results. Definitely not worth resubmitting imo.