• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 US Mint uncirculated set
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Welcome to the NGC chat board.  Please note that the "NGC Registry" forum is for questions pertaining to the NGC Registry.  Your topic would receive better attention if posted in the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum. The Administrator may move it there.

Based on your photo, which I viewed at its maximum magnification, I assume that you are referring to the shiny outlines around the fingers of Otero-Warren's clasped hands. I observed the same shiny outlines on both the "P" and "D" mint coins in my own 2022 "mint set". It appears to be just the reflection of light from these more highly polished areas of the dies, which would be raised on the dies rather than recessed as on the coins struck from them. This would not be considered an "error" or, more correctly for a characteristic of all coins struck from a given die pair, a die variety. See Variety vs. Mint Error | NGC (ngccoin.com).

If you're seeing some other characteristic of the coin that you believe to be out of the ordinary, please provide better photos.