• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sorry guys 2 1957 d wheat penny i know you told me how to post my coins but i can read something 20 times and still not under stand
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Take individual photos of the pennies with an iphone, at about 3x, then load each image into paint and crop the image to only show the coin.  Also, post both obverse and reverse images.  The "choose files" option allows multiple selections (ctrl + click on each image)

Edited by dprince1138

Apart from the photos being too small to see any detail in the coins, we really can't help you unless you ask what you want to know about them. I blew the photos up to maximum size and can't see any detail. They appear to be lightly circulated, extremely common 1957-D Lincoln cents with a mintage of over one billion pieces, with retail values of 5 to 10 cents each. Dealers buy common date "wheat cents" like this in bulk (hundreds or thousands of pieces at a time) for 3 cents or so apiece.

Please refer to the following topic about posting on this forum:

Try to post photos that look something like this:

1938-Scentobv..thumb.jpg.5b306854867b94e08cb6a4c385fe102e.jpg

1938-Scentrev..thumb.jpg.9974fdee5b851da0a04ef0a028155f03.jpg

It doesn't have to be an iphone as was incorrectly stated above. Any recently issued cell phone has a good enough camera to take decent pics. Then use the photo editing software in the photos app on the phone. You should be able to crop the photo to the edges of the coin which will help reduce the file size to an acceptable level required by NGC to post the photos here. I don't know how others do it, but I then save the photos to the desktop on my laptop at which point when clicking "choose files" underlined in the reply area, I can then go and open the photo I want to post here.

Another good tip from one of our great members here as suggested by J P M is to place the phone on top of a pop can to keep the phone steady when taking the photo. The hardest part to get down is proper lighting and you may have to do your own experimentation to get that right.