• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pull The Trigger or Holster? I have 20 min to decide.
2 2

75 posts in this topic

On 11/3/2023 at 11:51 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

I don't think non weird cultures want you exposing yourself to them either..just sayin

Yeah, I guess not. Not much resembling Schwarzenegger here. It’s why I’m back in physical therapy. I suffer from MPALS - Male Pattern A— Loss Syndrome. 

Aw, c'mon man!  Spell it out!  Don't let him get away with this @MM! He's the only member who's got unconditional immunity likely due to his diversified portfolio and popularity.

I looked it up, just like Oldhoop counseled, and surprise, surprise. There ain't no MPALS! Spell it out!  What have you to fear?

On 11/4/2023 at 5:32 AM, J P M said:

I hope all goes well. Kurt

Because I’m on Medicare and have a fantastic supplemental plan due to the generosity of the good people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, my co-pays are $0.00. And all because I spent 13 years keeping a basically good man safe from some of his less savory urges. 

On 11/4/2023 at 11:08 AM, Henri Charriere said:

Aw, c'mon man!  Spell it out!  Don't let him get away with this @MM! He's the only member who's got unconditional immunity likely due to his diversified portfolio and popularity.

I looked it up, just like Oldhoop counseled, and surprise, surprise. There ain't no MPALS! Spell it out!  What have you to fear?

The therapist says we’ll get me my GLUTES back.

On 11/4/2023 at 12:08 PM, Henri Charriere said:

...well there is Mixed Phenotype Acute Leukaemias for those that cant "look it up" but who's counting....

On 11/4/2023 at 3:52 PM, zadok said:

...well there is Mixed Phenotype Acute Leukaemias for those that cant "look it up" but who's counting....

I did look it up!  But maybe I'm dyslexic. I got "Movement for the Liberation of Angola" and quickly concluded the member who prides himself on being a "conservative's conservative" probably wasn't involved. I only regret the uninitiated and those who haven't been here long enough to appreciate the depth of your greatness.  (worship)

On 11/4/2023 at 5:16 PM, Henri Charriere said:

I did look it up!  But maybe I'm dyslexic. I got "Movement for the Liberation of Angola" and quickly concluded the member who prides himself on being a "conservative's conservative" probably wasn't involved. I only regret the uninitiated and those who haven't been here long enough to appreciate the depth of your greatness.  (worship)

Some people lose their metaphorical butts having coins graded. I lost my literal one from not enough of the right exercise. Vestibular issues, neuropathy, and insufficient physical exercise (and maybe a few too many long trips) have me needing to get my legs and glutes in better shape. I have trouble walking straight lines. 

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/4/2023 at 8:55 PM, VKurtB said:

Some people lose their metaphorical butts having coins graded. I lost my literal one from not enough of the right exercise. Vestibular issues, neuropathy, and insufficient physical exercise (and maybe a few too many long trips) have me needing to get my legs and glutes in better shape. I have trouble walking straight lines. 

My father flew well into his Nineties.  It's essential you periodically get up in-flight and walk periodically to avoid the build-up of blood clots. (To my knowledge, my father never called in sick to work, was never hospitalized, avoided all medicines, prescribed or not, including things as simple as aspirin.) Senior Federal judges (appointed, as you know, for life) rarely retire preferring to assume reduced case loads instead. It's time for you to take it easy...

On 11/4/2023 at 8:26 PM, Henri Charriere said:

My father flew well into his Nineties.  It's essential you periodically get up in-flight and walk periodically to avoid the build-up of blood clots. (To my knowledge, my father never called in sick to work, was never hospitalized, avoided all medicines, prescribed or not, including things as simple as aspirin.) Senior Federal judges (appointed, as you know, for life) rarely retire preferring to assume reduced case loads instead. It's time for you to take it easy...

Yeah, except for my prescription meds, I would have assumed room temperature in 2009, at age 54.

On 11/5/2023 at 7:32 PM, VKurtB said:

Yeah, except for my prescription meds, I would have assumed room temperature in 2009, at age 54.

Senescence.

Nah, you're made of sterner stuff.

On 11/6/2023 at 12:54 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

Ok so its really been fun, super interesting and uplifting talking about VKurtB's medical problems, lack of glutes and the fact he thinks he should have died in 2009 but can we possibly discuss something more depressing? 

Sure, how about a nullification of his unconditional immunity resulting in a stagnant, dead-in-the water ambiance, across-the-board on the various chat board forums?

No one's brought it up, but I suppose now it can be told: by the time you composed your post and had it posted, requiring IMMEDIATE attention, the truth is eliciting advice on a highly time-sensitive matter, is not possible. 🤔  

On 11/8/2023 at 8:12 PM, Henri Charriere said:

No one's brought it up, but I suppose now it can be told: by the time you composed your post and had it posted, requiring IMMEDIATE attention, the truth is eliciting advice on a highly time-sensitive matter, is not possible. 🤔  

EVENTUALLY, the situation should nearly repeat, and our sage advice just may apply. I've learned after over 60 years in this hobby that it repeats itself.