• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1958 Denver Lincoln wheat cent. RPM?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

IMG_20230829_213302.thumb.jpg.44ebd91f2853d3b9d8448c6350a038b7.jpgIMG_20230829_213302.thumb.jpg.44ebd91f2853d3b9d8448c6350a038b7.jpgHello I came across this 1958 Denver Lincoln cent and I can't find any RPMs like this. I don't even know if this is an RPM or some type of error. Please let me know what you guys think.

I agree that there is no RPM on this cent. After checking NGC's VarietyPlus page as well as VarietyVista's 23 different 1958 D RPM's they have listed on their site, none of the recognized varieties match your cent. I also don't see any indication that the mintmark was repunched leaving a part or portion of a second D image. I am in agreement there is a die chip next to the mintmark but it adds no premium to this cent.

If it's a raised area next to the mark I would agree that's likely just a die chip.  Not considered an error as chips are common with a very used die.

Curious that of the 3 repunched mintmarks listed on NGC's VarietyPlus only RPM-001 seems significant.

On 10/27/2023 at 9:55 AM, EagleRJO said:

Curious that of the 3 repunched mintmarks listed on NGC's VarietyPlus only RPM-001 seems significant.

Many of the 23 varieties listed on VarietyVista are very similar with only different positions under different numerals in the date from the handpunched mintmarks. I agree on NGC's VarietyPlus the only significant one they list is the D/D/D.