• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2025 American Liberty gold coin
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Any thoughts about the 1-ounce .9999 fine American Liberty gold coin to be produced with the use of laser-engraved Master Dies featuring the 1794 Flowing Hair-type visage with minimal use of legends and designs beyond those featured on the original coin as well as a nominal face value of $100?

On 10/22/2023 at 4:17 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Any thoughts about the 1-ounce .9999 fine American Liberty gold coin to be produced with the use of laser-engraved Master Dies featuring the 1794 Flowing Hair-type visage with minimal use of legends and designs beyond those featured on the original coin as well as a nominal face value of $100?

Is it in high or ultra-high relief ?  Have we used laser-engraved dies before (I thought we have, like on the 2009 UHR DE) ?

I'll have to see it but the previous Liberty 1-ouncer did nothing for me.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have one of the National Parks Foundation gold coins.

On 10/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Is it in high or ultra-high relief ?  Have we used laser-engraved dies before (I thought we have, like on the 2009 UHR DE) ?

I'll have to see it but the previous Liberty 1-ouncer did nothing for me.  Quite frankly, I'd rather have one of the National Parks Foundation gold coins.

My sole references at this early stage is Coin World and Numismatic News.  Sorry for the lack of a link but a simple search should yield results.  (I would have reported it sooner but I assumed another member would introduce the topic.)

I thought that the U.S. Mint had already been using lasered dies and/or hubs? That they chose to make a 1oz silver medal instead of $1 denominated coin seems odd but I'm sure everything will sell out, whether or not the mintage will be sufficient to meet demand will be the biggest question. I'm sure they'll keep releasing old designs in upcoming years, this is probably going to be like the Royal Mint's Great Engravers series. Can a SG $100 gold coin be far behind?

Re:  www.coinworld.com

"U.S. Mint plans to resurrect 1794 dollar designs," by Paul Gilkes, published 10/19/2023.

Yes, high relief.  (Short article; photo included.)

Note to newbies... I have been dubbed a "Rising Star" by the NGC CHAT BOARD crew, but my star has not yet risen.  🤣

Edited by Henri Charriere
Die-polishing.