• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error coins and grading
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Chat Board.

On the left coin, not sure what you are considering an error, all I see is circulation damage.  
Please be specific and explain what type of error you are seeing.

The right coin might be a Struck Through Grease or other substance, not really enough to add any value.  
It would cost you around $100.00 to get both graded and they are worth 1 dollar each.

Edited by Greenstang
Correct error

Welcome to the NGC chat board.

Please show separate photos of each side of each of these circulated 1979 Anthony dollars and crop the photos so that they are almost entirely of the coin and not of the table on which it lies.

Based on what I can see in the current photos, I agree with @Greenstang, except as they are dollars, they are worth a dollar apiece. The coin on the left (1979-D?) is heavily marked from contact with other coins or objects in the area you circled, which is a negative factor to collectors and is not a mint error. The missing lettering on the reverse of the other coin (1979-P, common narrow rim variety) is either due to the coin being struck through a die that was filled with foreign matter--a minor error that would add little if any value to the coin--or post-mint damage. 

On 10/19/2023 at 3:52 PM, Greenstang said:

Welcome to the Chat Board.

On the left coin, not sure what you are considering an error, all I see is circulation damage.  
Please be specific and explain what type of error you are seeing.

The right coin might be a Struck Through Grease or other substance, not really enough to add any value.  
It would cost you around $100.00 to get both graded and they are worth 1 dollar each.

Thanks for input