• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know witch 2019 West Point Penny I have to submit?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

FCDA1D78-456E-4D68-AF15-B5BD8978DAB7.jpeg.9f26dbbfa9870dab147dc26c2526bd4a.jpeg231CDDA5-DE43-4BCD-9AF7-27C2B7B58629.jpeg.cad1eb45df09c58e260c35858fd3f4a9.jpegThere is a huge difference in prices..so how do I know witch one I have? It’s  buisness strike but witch one? What is DP STAND for? Deep proof right . If I make any mistakes on submissions for do u guys fix it or send the coins back?b

why don’t I see any prices for the reverse proof? 

Edited by Erin33

• Administrator

Hello @Erin33

Thank you for reaching out to us. For help with abbreviations in the census/price guide, you can check our list and description of strike characters here: https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/5256. The MSRDP in the census refers to the following:

image.png 

You can learn a little about how to recognize proof-like coins here: https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/6633/learn-grading-deep-prooflike/.

We encourage you to be conservative when estimating the value of your coin, as there is no benefit to overvaluing your coin. If you undervalue your coin, the coin's grading fee will be bumped to the appropriate tier fee. 

The information provided by the price guide is received from a third party using collected sales data and it may not display pricing information for all attributions due to limited sales data. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

@Erin33-The page of the NGC Price Guide at which you are looking is for uncirculated (MS) issues only. To see pricing for proof (PF) and reverse proof (RP) issues, click the "PF" button at the top right of the page.

If you would post a photo of the coin, we should be able to advise you which of the three issues--uncirculated (MS), proof (PF), or reverse proof (RP), it is--and if it is an uncirculated issue, whether it has a chance of being designated proof-like (MSRDP). The uncirculated pieces were issued with 2019 uncirculated coin sets, the proofs with regular (clad) 2019 proof sets, and the reverse proofs with 2019 silver proof sets. "MSRDP" stands for a mint state (uncirculated) coin that is full "red" with a proof-like surface.

This appears to be a nice uncirculated example that could achieve a high grade such as MS 67 RD, but it still wouldn't be worth the cost of submission. It doesn't appear to qualify for a "prooflike" designation.  Dealers who got substantial "bulk submission" discounts had thousands of these certified--nearly 23,000 have been graded by NGC alone--and you can probably buy one of these for less than what it will cost you to submit this one.