• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all the sale people that don't know mess
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Dear Coin Dealer or Salesperson,

I'm writing this letter to express my frustration with the lack of knowledge and expertise I've encountered when dealing with individuals like you who claim to be knowledgeable about coins. Frankly, it's disheartening to encounter someone who doesn't possess the necessary knowledge in this field.

Dealing with coins, especially those of historical or collectible value, is a specialized and intricate business. It's important to understand the coins' history, rarity, condition, and market value. When those aspects are not properly recognized, it can lead to undervaluing or misrepresenting coins, which is a disservice to collectors and enthusiasts.

I strongly believe that it's crucial to invest the time and effort in learning and gaining expertise in this field. Selling or evaluating coins without adequate knowledge is not only unprofessional but can also result in negative experiences for your customers. I encourage you to take the initiative to expand your knowledge and understanding of numismatics to provide better service.

For those who are genuinely passionate about coins, we rely on dealers and salespeople to be trustworthy sources of information and expertise. I hope that you'll consider this feedback and work toward improving your knowledge in the field.

Sincerely,

[Dang vang

Dang, Vang, yer back to the rhythm again.  Unfortunately, I think it would prove more useful to print that letter of rebuke and mail to the Coin dealers that have been feeding you bad information.  I am proud of you grammatical improvement.  There are learning tools that will aid in your education that only requires you visiting a website or two. 

image.png.112c7827c760ba65698c39b7e9cf7c2c.png

Go to the Basic Resources & Glossary.  Contained within that chat topic is a world of knowledge just yearning to invade your mind and tickle your senses.  After you achieve your Black-Belt with those, you will be well prepared to fight the evil dealers and their no-knowledge monsters.

Very few of the members of these forums are "coin dealers or salespersons".  Most of us are collectors, some of whom have knowledge and experience acquired over decades. You are "barking up the wrong tree"!  

As in all lines of work, there are knowledgeable and honest coin dealers, as well as ignorant and dishonest ones. There are also legitimate differences of opinion that divide both collectors and dealers, such as about the grading of particular coins.  You need to learn about coins and then develop your own educated taste and judgment.  You should not consider submitting coins to grading services until you have done so.

Here is a direct link to the topic mentioned by @cobymordet, as well as to a topic whose first post lists basic resources for new collectors and where to find them:

For a listing of dealers on this site, see Find Coin Shops & Dealers | Coin Dealer Locator | NGC (ngccoin.com). I also recommend that, if you insist on buying coins while you are in the earlier stages of your education, you deal only with well-established and respected dealers, such as those who are members of the Professional Numismatists Guild, https://pngdealers.org/. (The PNG site has a member dealer locator, but it isn't working today.)

You should also attend such venues as coin shows and coin club meetings, where you can view many coins, including third-party graded ones, and speak with knowledgeable collectors and dealers. 

Edited by Sandon

On 10/10/2023 at 5:01 PM, Dang vang said:

Dear Coin Dealer or Salesperson,

I'm writing this letter to express my frustration with the lack of knowledge and expertise I've encountered when dealing with individuals like you who claim to be knowledgeable about coins. Frankly, it's disheartening to encounter someone who doesn't possess the necessary knowledge in this field.

Dealing with coins, especially those of historical or collectible value, is a specialized and intricate business. It's important to understand the coins' history, rarity, condition, and market value. When those aspects are not properly recognized, it can lead to undervaluing or misrepresenting coins, which is a disservice to collectors and enthusiasts.

I strongly believe that it's crucial to invest the time and effort in learning and gaining expertise in this field. Selling or evaluating coins without adequate knowledge is not only unprofessional but can also result in negative experiences for your customers. I encourage you to take the initiative to expand your knowledge and understanding of numismatics to provide better service.

For those who are genuinely passionate about coins, we rely on dealers and salespeople to be trustworthy sources of information and expertise. I hope that you'll consider this feedback and work toward improving your knowledge in the field.

Sincerely,

[Dang vang

Until you are working at the very highest levels of this hobby, DO NOT RELY ON DEALERS FOR EITHER KNOWLEDGE NOR HONESTY. You simply will not find either attribute at the typical coin dealer. Most of them are worse than useless. They are in the field to scam a quick buck, and little else. They wouldn’t have the knowledge to find their own backsides. 

Here is my hypothesis: You make these coins yourself.  There is no dealer.  Whether or not you have any true knowledge of coins is unknown, but at this point you likely realize that you cannot fool anyone here with your fake vise-job "errors" and parking lot coins.  So, you are looking for new ways to troll the forum.  Unfortunately for you, I buy this thread as much as I buy-into your "errors".

If you really wanted to learn coins, I would help you.  But, I have seen nothing from you that shows a modicum of aptitude or effort.  So, I must decline and place you back on the ignore list.

God Speed, Troll!