• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's almost time for the Fun Show.

15 posts in this topic

I'm considering it. I have to drive from Texas to S Carolina on New Years day, unsure about traffic conditions. If all works well, fingers crossed, then I plan on going. At this moment three months is too far away in my somewhat chaotic life to reserve a motel/hotel room in advance. I sure would like to meet the infamous Idhair that forever keeps me entertained and awestruck when looking at the 'Follow the Lead' thread.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:43 AM, RonnieR131 said:

I'm considering it. I have to drive from Texas to S Carolina on New Years day, unsure about traffic conditions. If all works well, fingers crossed, then I plan on going. At this moment three months is too far away in my somewhat chaotic life to reserve a motel/hotel room in advance. I sure would like to meet the infamous Idhair that forever keeps me entertained and awestruck when looking at the 'Follow the Lead' thread.

Thank you. It's been a lot of fun seeing all the cool coin folks have shared.

Edited by ldhair

I suppose I could go but I doubt my old-fashioned wife would remove the bracelets linking my wrists to hers.

For those dead set on going, a brief review of where the nation stands on Covid now.

The primary series vaccination rate for all ages remains at 69%.  For those 65 & older, it is 94%.

For the newer bivalent boosters which only recently became available, the rate for all ages is 17%.  For those 65 & up, the rate is 43%.

[I should like to thank the distinguished, long-time OP, for his patient indulgence in permitting me to post this up-to-date info.]  (thumbsu

Family situation to take care of but would be great to see everybody.  Not sure how much buying I'd be doing this time unlike in 2019 as it's been a tough year job-wise and portfolio-wise. :|

On 10/6/2023 at 11:04 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

Family situation to take care of but would be great to see everybody.  Not sure how much buying I'd be doing this time unlike in 2019 as it's been a tough year job-wise and portfolio-wise. :|

I thought you’ve been a bit quiet. Better luck next year. 

I have offered my services to Florida United Numismatists as a volunteer worker for the January show. I might be doing my “normal” gig, taking Dealer ID photos.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:04 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

September and October have pretty much stunk up the joint. 

On 10/5/2023 at 10:36 AM, Coinbuf said:

Hope everyone that can attend has "Fun" lol   Much too far and too expensive for us poor collectors on the West coast to go.

Yeah, that works the other direction too. Flights to the west coast are ridiculously expensive from the southeast, and horribly inconvenient. I end up losing an entire night of sleep. It wasn’t like this when I was flying out of Philly. I am getting to Berlin and back cheaper than I can get to the coast and back.

Edited by VKurtB

On 12/10/2023 at 8:42 AM, ldhair said:

Only 25 days to go. It's going to be a great show. If you have a table number, please post it. 

I have personal and family obligations which prevent me from going :(, but I am going to try and hit FUN 2025.

I will miss not re-establishing my friendships with LDhair and others whom I met at FUN 2020.  But have a great time, enjoy the show, and report back ! (thumbsu

I am on two jobs at FUN. 1) Cases and keys - checking that the keys match the cases, and making the ones that don’t match find their match, and 2) judging Tokens and Medals in the competitive exhibits. 

On 12/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, VKurtB said:

I am on two jobs at FUN. 1) Cases and keys - checking that the keys match the cases, and making the ones that don’t match find their match, and 2) judging Tokens and Medals in the competitive exhibits. 

Great. After all these years it will be cool to say hi. I'll watch for you.