• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS-502 to FS-902
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Recently in the latest Cherry Pickers Guide 6th Addition Vol 2, the 1964 D/D Washington Quarter FS-502 was changed from being a RPM to a Misplaced Mint Mark FS-902. My question is how will NGC handle the change for coins attributed as the FS-502?

Will it cost me to have my coin's attribution changed to reflect what the Cherry Pickers Guide indicates for this variety and if so what would the charges be?

Thank You

Milt

FS-902.jpg

Screenshot_2020-03-10 Verify NGC Certification NGC.png

Based on your answer to my other questions it is obvious that NGC will not acknowledge this new designation by CPG for the FS-502 as being a misplaced mint mark (FS-902) instead of an RPM.

Since PCGS does acknowledge this new variety designation you leave me no choice but to change my TPG to them.

Additionally, why are you refusing to post my questions to the forum?

Sincerely

Milton Tinis

• Administrator

Hello @MTinis

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize that we have not replied sooner. The grading team has confirmed that they will be able to process the label change as a reholder. 

The reholder service fee of $13.00 will apply for coins valued up to $10,000.

Thank you for your patience. If you have any other questions, please let us know. 

It has been my understanding that a reholder was  placing the existing coin and associated grade and attribution if any into a new plastic slab. Are you telling me now that this coin with its current attribution of FS-502 will be re-attributed as the FS-902 and placed into a new plastic slab for $13 and all the other associated fees? I have been mislead on several occasions when it comes to attributing different varieties and it has cost me hundreds of dollars and months of time for NGC to get it right. My guess is the coin will only be placed into a new slab with existing labeling and returned. Then will dance again and I will be told to resubmit as a variety submission for $18 and all the other associated fees.

Another very recent submission 6859715 was submitted with $136 for express service and variety attribution of the new CPG 1964 D/D Washington Quarter with the CONECA RPM-1. The coin was returned without the attribution and no explanation. You subsequently told me that NGC does not recognize this variety when in fact NGC does recognize CONECA RPMs assigning them a Variety Plus listing. I should have at least received that. I sent that coin to Variety Slabbing Service which immediately attributed it. That coin will be going off to PCGS for a regrade and variety attribution since they recognize that variety.

FS-503.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 09-52-06 Verify NGC Certification NGC.png

• Administrator

Hello @MTinis

I spoke with the grading team and the label change is being processed as a paid reholder because FS-902 was not available at the time the coin was originally graded so it is not a label correction due to error, but an update. I also confirmed with the team that we would attribute FS-902, and they have since added it to the online VarietyPlus resource. 

image.png

https://www.ngccoin.com/variety-plus/united-states/quarters/washington-quarters-1932-1998/?page=2

FS-503 remains a variety that we do not currently attribute. 

I hope this clarifies my previous response. If you have any other questions, please let us know.