• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

****WARNING***** FAKE NGC SLABS FROM EBAY SELLER
1 1

3 posts in this topic

In the description, it states, "Cert #s will vary." The seller could be using a stock photo that he/she made by combining pictures of two different slabs. The fact that there are two different backgrounds in the NGC pic makes me wonder if they didn't mix up their photos, too. Regardless, I am always wary when things don't seem completely on the up-an-up. I would find another seller if I were looking to buy one of these.

Good eye.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Just Bob

Welcome to the forum

This is a large coin seller with over 89,000 coins sold. As Just Bob stated, it is not unusual for large sellers to use stock photos as 
they usually have multiples of the same item for sale. It is possible they use the same obverse photo for multiple variations of quarters.
Although it is against eBay policy to use stock photos, these large sellers get a pass due to the large volume of coins they sell.  
I would not have any issue with buying from this 100% feedback seller with the volume he sells.