• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Category for sets with NGC only coins…
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have been building a complete Rosie collection for some time now and realized after looking at the #1 set that they had NO NGC coins or few if any in their set. All PCGS. Now after searching high and low for some coins I found few or none available in certain mints/years yet graded by NGC or extremely rare. I have all NGC coins after removing the PCGS coins with same grades. There should be  a mixed category and an NGC only category for those of us which truly believe in the NGC system and coins…now to be honest I do have another high end mixed set as well and also believe others should be able to do it. But anyone that agrees with me please chime in on this. Thanks

On 9/25/2023 at 8:32 PM, Jwbuckna said:

I have been building a complete Rosie collection for some time now and realized after looking at the #1 set that they had NO NGC coins or few if any in their set. All PCGS. Now after searching high and low for some coins I found few or none available in certain mints/years yet graded by NGC or extremely rare. I have all NGC coins after removing the PCGS coins with same grades. There should be  a mixed category and an NGC only category for those of us which truly believe in the NGC system and coins…now to be honest I do have another high end mixed set as well and also believe others should be able to do it. But anyone that agrees with me please chime in on this. Thanks

What you are asking for already exists.   The NGC registry system has two scoring systems, one that scores every coin, and the other that only scores NGC graded coins for the best in category registry awards.   If you look at a set that has won for best in category you will see this under the set title.

image.png.3087792b09a57e97fa9ae798bb874f1d.png

If you click on it you will see which years the set won for and if the award was for combined win or NGC only win, many sets will win both for some years.   This set won the combined award three years in a row and won both the combined and NGC only in the third year.

image.png.a9a1f002ed10262fe1c55621ebf3a9aa.png

Edited by Coinbuf