• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does NGC charge VarietyPlus if it is determined there is no VAM on the coin?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Sorry, I'm just posting all over because no one in the "Ask NGC/NCS" forum is answering.  I was hoping one of the veteran users in this forum would know.  Do you happen to know the answer to this?

At the risk of incurring the wrath of, or being ostracized from the membership for entertaining the thought of airing heretical or blasphemous statements -- after having read what you've written twice, I believe your concern is misplaced.

The very first thing I would do if I were truly enamored of this arcane aspect of coin collecting is study it exhaustively (or bone up on it) after consulting every authoritative reference known and available to the experienced collector, of which there are quite a few on this Forum.

The expense involved in submissions ought to take a back seat to a thorough understanding of the subject matter at hand. I am not well-grounded in the subject matter and, in fact, am continually astonished and mesmerized by those who are.  But, to each his own.

Put the horse before the cart. If you submit, you have a responsibility to know what you have in hand. Hopefully, informed members will weigh in with the sources you should consult in order to submit with confidence. 

On 9/10/2023 at 8:09 AM, Henri Charriere said:

At the risk of incurring the wrath of, or being ostracized from the membership for entertaining the thought of airing heretical or blasphemous statements -- after having read what you've written twice, I believe your concern is misplaced.

The very first thing I would do if I were truly enamored of this arcane aspect of coin collecting is study it exhaustively (or bone up on it) after consulting every authoritative reference known and available to the experienced collector, of which there are quite a few on this Forum.

The expense involved in submissions ought to take a back seat to a thorough understanding of the subject matter at hand. I am not well-grounded in the subject matter and, in fact, am continually astonished and mesmerized by those who are.  But, to each his own.

Put the horse before the cart. If you submit, you have a responsibility to know what you have in hand. Hopefully, informed members will weigh in with the sources you should consult in order to submit with confidence. 

I do agree with you, it would be ideal.  I imagine it's half the fun in-fact.  You made a well composed treatise on the importance of taking one's destiny into one's own hands.  Fortunately, someone at NGC was awake it seems and made a post in my other thread, so I'm closing this one.  It turns out that no matter what the grader determines, the full fee is surrendered.