• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Report A Transaction" Feature on NGC Verify
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2023 at 3:06 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

How long has this been in place for world coins? It's been a while since I looked up a cert # but I don't remember seeing it previously. 

image.png.134e87fc61973be7b054a7fb38a43d36.png

...good question...im not sure that i have ever noticed it n have not ever used it...guess ngc is going to have to answer....

On 8/31/2023 at 5:36 PM, zadok said:

...good question...im not sure that i have ever noticed it n have not ever used it...guess ngc is going to have to answer....

Thought someone here might have an answer quicker than NGC, and was curious what opinions others might have in regards to seemingly relying on the general public to provide this type of information, and the vetting of it, so that it could be used on the NGC price guides? Whether or not NGC is doing just that is pure speculation on my part, probably should have included these questions in the original post. doh! I'll post this in the ASK NGC later. 

On 8/31/2023 at 5:44 PM, Fenntucky Mike said:

Thought someone here might have an answer quicker than NGC, and was curious what opinions others might have in regards to seemingly relying on the general public to provide this type of information, and the vetting of it, so that it could be used on the NGC price guides? Whether or not NGC is doing just that is pure speculation on my part, probably should have included these questions in the original post. doh! I'll post this in the ASK NGC later. 

...possibly to speed up the transfer of registry coins otherwise have to wait three days???....

On 8/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, zadok said:

...possibly to speed up the transfer of registry coins otherwise have to wait three days???....

Correctamundo!  I assume it is a  "voluntary" self-reporting device. Rather than wait the 3-day quarantine period, I would send in an invoice proving acquisition. I am in favor of it, generally, because comments that the Red Book and Greysheet being outdated when published, are valid. True privacy (like piracy) is a thing of the past. Anything that furthers the accuracy of the hobby, in the words of Martha Stewart is a good thing.

On 8/31/2023 at 6:33 PM, zadok said:

..possibly to speed up the transfer of registry coins otherwise have to wait three days???....

Maybe, but I just entered information for a coin registered to me, accurate info, my info (email, ph#), purchase price, seller (ebay), date purchased, url (left blank), not a robot, and all was excepted. The info may speed transfers when they happen but it seems that garbage could still be entered by individuals, which still leaves one to wonder how it is used and vetted. If info was required by two parties, both matching, and used as a self vetting process it would make more sense, still not bulletproof, but better than Joe Sixpack typing in inaccuracies.

New angle, let's assume that NGC can get auction info from all the major players, ebay, HA, SB, etc., when requested, as it may not be freely exchanged. NGC uses "owner" supplied info to trigger pricing updates and corroboration. (shrug)

Time for bed! :screwy: