• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed on possible info Error coin
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Checking my coin's  value against similar errors I came across this interesting coin . It doesn't have a grade on . And there's no mention of it . I never seen a NGC coin like this . Can someone please tell me what's going on here . And if these slabs are rare or what . I also checked NGC website , they gave no value or anything else Thanks in advance .Update- I see what he said.  Thanks 

s-l960 (21).webp

s-l960 (22).webp

s-l960 (23).webp

Edited by Ohnoimbroke

If you look at the NGC certification for that it's a "UNC Details - Mint Error" coin which certifies that it has a stuck-through error, which is pretty common.

https://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/6098096-007/Other/

You might try ebay sold listings (not asking prices) to get a ballpark value on your coin, but that can vary greatly depending on if it's certified by a TPG and the demand when it's sold.  Likely around $80 to $160 certified, and around half that raw.

I do think it is odd @EagleRJO that NGC didn't include the Details statement on the label, but then again there are labeling elements that have been left off of other coins. I have an Indian head with just a numeric grade, no indication of RD, RB, or BN (the coin is RB), so it does happen. The label missing that statement won't affect value either way as it can be looked up just like Eagle did. It is a decent error but it's price can vary greatly from buyer to buyer.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:31 PM, powermad5000 said:

I do think it is odd @EagleRJO that NGC didn't include the Details statement on the label

Yea, it's usually noted on the label, but I agree it doesn't add any value.