• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm new. If I buy proof coins from the U.S. mint, should I get them graded?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

There is alot to know.  What I've learned is that graded coins get you more in the future.  I'm building a collection for my grandkids.  I'm planning on multi decade holding of my gold and silver.  I've bought at auctions, I've bought at the U.S. mint, from friends.  What I've found is that MS70 coins are worth much more, especially if you hold onto them.  I'm not worried about the grading fee as my holding period should cover that.  Any advice or what to read/look at would be greatly appreciated.  I'm loving this!

First of all, let me say thank you to you both for replying.  When I look back on my post, it appeared rather scattered.  Reading through your responses, I should "read the book" (get some education) before getting online and just buying coins.  I appreciate you both for taking the time to give me feedback.  I will be asking more questions at a later date.  Cheers.

P.S.  I have 5 kids.  One of them is very interested to take over from me when I'm gone.