• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2021-S Proof Set Damaged
1 1

35 posts in this topic

I got my 2019-S proof mint set today and they come with a 2019-W cent. I was surprised at the condition. It would not grade 68-70. Just a bit lower. The 2019-S cent is in 68-70 grade. I am not cracking my S proof sets and not paying grading fees.

On 9/1/2023 at 11:18 PM, Modwriter said:

I got my 2019-S proof mint set today and they come with a 2019-W cent. I was surprised at the condition. It would not grade 68-70. Just a bit lower. The 2019-S cent is in 68-70 grade. I am not cracking my S proof sets and not paying grading fees.

I have many proof sets that have coins in them that were just ok enough to put in the box. It makes you wonder sometimes?

On 8/14/2023 at 9:14 PM, EagleRJO said:

A new case as suggested by Bill is a good option instead of the hassle of returning an item, although it's actually not that bad to return something as there should be a return label and return form right on the receipt from the mint.

I don't think it's luck at all as the mint doesn't seem to put quality high on it's priority list anymore, since around mid to late 2021 when new woke management took over.

Woke management? Amazed this post has not been deleted by a moderator. There certainly appears to be no shortage of wetards among collectors. And so it goes.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:29 PM, Zorkomatic said:

Woke management? Amazed this post has not been deleted by a moderator. There certainly appears to be no shortage of wetards among collectors. And so it goes.

Poor choice of words. 

On 3/10/2024 at 7:49 AM, ldhair said:

Poor choice of words. 

@VKurtB :

Where is Vkurt "let the old thread rot" B, now that a distinguished old-time, well-respected thread-master has taken the liberty to weigh in?

See, that's what I mean by "practical impossibility." You write as the mood moves you. N O   H A R M   D O N E.   :hi:

Edited by Henri Charriere
Minor die polishing