• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who can tell me what is special about this 1918 S Buffalo Nickel? Do you know? It makes a difference in value.
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2023 at 10:54 AM, Mike Meenderink said:

.... I give no quarter for those that refuse to educate themselves and believe they do not deserve these coins. So I snipe them....

1854 Half Dime AU 53.jpg

1908 D Barber 10c.png

1913 Type 1 Buffalo 5c MS 65+.jpg

1951 D 25c FS-501 RPM Variety 2.jpg

1892 Indian Head 1c.jpg

The thing with eBay is it's basically one big marketplace.  We know very little about the individual sellers. Their ages, their educational backgrounds... their motives. They could very well be well- educated people, whose principal interests lie elsewhere, who were left a small inheritance of which they know little or nothing about. It would not surprise me to learn that some, not internet-savvy, relegate the task of selling to a younger, more knowledgeable family member or friend. 

I don't view your activity as sniping. The simple truth is bargains can be found at auctions of cars, the contents of safety deposit boxes and storage units. It is perfectly safe to draw an inference about those who frequent pawnshops: They want to get something, anything, for the item(s) they bring in, for quick cash, while those looking to buy, like you, are looking for something that's too good of a deal to pass up.  It's nothing more complicated than that. A real-time display of supply and demand at work for all to see. I believe you've done very well for yourself.