• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(50% off center print) 1979 Lincoln error penny
1 1

2 posts in this topic

HI EVERYONE! 

As I’ve been digging through my grandfathers collection, I’ve come across a 1979 Lincoln penny that is about 50% off center strike. The date, most of Lincoln’s head and the liberty are still visible. I know that errors and misprints are typically valuable but I am having a hard time finding a similar coin that is so much off center. I will post photos below. Thanks!

543CF40B-7691-48D0-A30A-F14B849B00CF.jpeg

2BA7CE46-8054-40B3-A93A-013BFCDC26BC.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @meaggiimoo

Thank you for reaching out. I would be happy to provide information on how to submit your coin for authentication and grading; however, I cannot assist with determining its value. 

If you are interested in submitting coins for grading, you can become a paid member of Collector's Society here: NGC Coins | Join. You can find more information on how to start submitting coins here: NGC Coins | How to submit. You will need to determine and provide a declared value for the coin. This value will also help select the grading “tier” or category under which to submit the coin. Grading tiers and fees can be found here: NGC Coins | Services and fees. When submitting the coin, you will also want to choose the Mint Error service to have the coin evaluated and designated as a mint error. 

If you do not wish to sign up for membership, you can find a listing of authorized NGC dealers that can submit the coins on your behalf here: NGC Coins | Locate dealers.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.