• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1994 p souvenir set
1 1

7 posts in this topic

This is an imprecise description. There was no such product produced by the Mint, except perhaps at the Denver (yes!) mint in person only.

The souvenir set is the one I was looking for. That seller block me from purchasing. I asked questions about packaging and toning. I made a mistake . The description said clearly no cherry picking. Back to the search. 

Why? This is precisely HALF of a 1994 Uncirculated Set. The 1994-P set has nothing special in it, unlike the 1982 and 1983. It was sold ONLY at the Denver Mint store. The price being asked is utterly ridiculous. Are you paying almost $115 dollars for the ENVELOPE!?!?

Thank you for the way you are concerned about how I spend the money. This is a souvenir set not an uncirculated mint set I would have to go to the actual Philadelphia Mint in 1994 to buy this set. I don't want envelopes that say to Billy from Grandma or 1994 written in sharpie marker large on the front..

Ask a collector why he collects ?

On 7/15/2023 at 11:04 PM, dminelli said:

Thank you for the way you are concerned about how I spend the money. This is a souvenir set not an uncirculated mint set I would have to go to the actual Philadelphia Mint in 1994 to buy this set. I don't want envelopes that say to Billy from Grandma or 1994 written in sharpie marker large on the front..

Ask a collector why he collects ?

You are not correct. The Denver Souvenir Sets were sold ONLY at Philadelphia, and the Philadelphia Souvenir Sets were sold only at Denver. It was done that way intentionally. After 1983, there was almost no reason to sell them at all. The coins are IDENTICAL to those in the proper half of the Uncirculated Set. No numismatic publication that I know even lists the Souvenir Sets. But many do list them for 1982 and 1983, because they were/are the only option to obtain the coins that otherwise might have been in Uncirculated Sets. 

Edited by VKurtB