• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My ngc holder is swollen, is this common, what could cause it?.
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I have a 2014 S Kennedy Early Release PF70 Ultra Cameo 2hich I sold and posted but on arrival the holderwas swollen, nkt cracked but slightly bulbous...what could have caused it, the coin is fine, still a pf70uc but the case over the obverse and reverse feels bulbous, not going beyond the framed raised edge but I can feel the swelling..what caused it? and could it effect tye coin at any point?.

• Administrator

Hello @Dark Chameleon

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can only speculate about what may have caused the damage you describe; however, warping may be caused by exposure to high temperatures. I cannot confirm if the coin is at risk of damage, because I do not know what environment the coin was exposed to. In general, we would suggest reholdering a coin with a compromised holder. The fee for reholder is only $13.00 for a coin valued up to $10,000. As long as the holder is still sealed, it will qualify for reholder. If the holder's seal has been compromised, the coin would need to be regraded and submission would be subject to grading tier fees.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.