• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone know if any 1995 Nickel Dropped Letter Errors have been found?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

So, I am usually pretty good at finding any information regarding a specific error that is on a specific coin, but I haven't been able to locate any dropped letters on the 1995 Jefferson Nickels. I found a dropped letter 'T' on the obverse of the coin, and it's a very defined letter T. 

I am pretty thorough when it comes to looking for error coins, and I have only found 1 dropped letter on hundreds of 1995 Jefferson Nickel coins. I have been researching this particular error coin for the past two weeks with no luck I am hoping someone out there is able to let me know if they have found one or knows someone who has. 

On 7/8/2023 at 4:17 PM, Jess91 said:

So, I am usually pretty good at finding any information regarding a specific error that is on a specific coin, but I haven't been able to locate any dropped letters on the 1995 Jefferson Nickels. I found a dropped letter 'T' on the obverse of the coin, and it's a very defined letter T. 

I am pretty thorough when it comes to looking for error coins, and I have only found 1 dropped letter on hundreds of 1995 Jefferson Nickel coins. I have been researching this particular error coin for the past two weeks with no luck I am hoping someone out there is able to let me know if they have found one or knows someone who has. 

Could you post images of the obverse and reverse of the coin with the dropped letter? 

A dropped letter is pretty dang rare and there would be very few examples, so it wouldn't surprise me that they are hard to find. Dropped letters, numbers, etc. are some of the most commonly misidentified errors by individuals, the odds of finding one are pretty low.

Here is a link to a site explaining this type of error. https://www.error-ref.com/?s=dropped+letter

Welcome to the forum.