• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A little help? Ancient gold…
2 2

5 posts in this topic

My own question: what did the lady or gentleman who gave you or sold this piece to you, represent it as being?  [I will not inquire as to its selling price because that may provide an answer to your question.]

Afterthought, having viewed the item via the link helpfully provided by a member...

Absolutely, positively, the worst reviews submitted by "verified" buyers I have ever seen! And, pray tell, why would any seller provide two identical reviews by the same buyer with the same date?  Not encouraging. Etsy, eBay, and the like, offer a wide variety of legitimate goods. Unfortunately, those that are numismatically related have used the platform for an inordinately number of suspect goods and outright frauds. Where coins are concerned, there ought to be a mandatory exam before access is permitted unless accompanied by a pre-approved chaperone.

On 7/4/2023 at 6:56 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Where coins are concerned, there ought to be a mandatory exam before access is permitted unless accompanied by a pre-approved chaperone.

Could be modified as: "Where children are concerned, there ought to be a mandatory exam before access is permitted unless accompanied by a pre-approved chaperone."