• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

An Original 1942 Proof Set

34 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2023 at 8:57 PM, FlyingAl said:

I went ahead and took the plunge at got the set graded - it was the best choice to preserve the coins themselves and their value, both monetary and historical. Here are the results, and I would post images but they're a pain to do here. You can visit my thread over at Collectors Universe if you wish to see them again. This is now, to my knowledge, the finest original set from the 1936-1942 era. 

Half - PCGS PR68

Quarter - PCGS PR67+

Dime - PCGS PR67+

Nickel - PCGS PR67

Cent - PCGS PR66RD

Excellent result. Trust your instincts and accept your talent. You are successful where many are not. Congratulations!

On 10/8/2023 at 11:57 PM, FlyingAl said:

I went ahead and took the plunge at got the set graded - it was the best choice to preserve the coins themselves and their value, both monetary and historical. Here are the results, and I would post images but they're a pain to do here. You can visit my thread over at Collectors Universe if you wish to see them again. This is now, to my knowledge, the finest original set from the 1936-1942 era. 

Half - PCGS PR68

Quarter - PCGS PR67+

Dime - PCGS PR67+

Nickel - PCGS PR67

Cent - PCGS PR66RD

…ur results very similar to mine grade wise…i had couple orig 1938 sets, hated the quarter in one set, sent the coins in for grading, all came back 67s…