• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Error 1908 quarter golden eagle
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I am wondering if anyone has come across an 1908 quarter golden eagle error? 

When I flip the coin over it appears to me to be misaligned.  

Unfortunately the videos I try and produce are to big to attach.  So I put the coin next to the line on the table to try and show the misalignment. 

20230630_145926.jpg

20230630_145933.jpg

Welcome to the NGC chat board. 

The "Coin Marketplace" forum is limited to posts offering to sell or buy numismatic items under the rules stated in the lead topic on this forum. Questions about coins should be posted under either the "Newbie Coin Collecting Questions" forum or the "U.S., World, and Ancient Coins" forum. Please post clear, cropped photos of the obverse and reverse of the coin about which you are asking questions, not distant blurry photos like these that show mostly the coin's holder and the surface on which it sits.

If I assume that your photos were taken with the two sides of the coin oriented exactly 180 degrees apart (the "coin turn" used on U.S. coins), your 1908 quarter eagle shows a minor die rotation of just a few degrees. Such rotations are relatively common and generally not worth a premium. Please note that there are numerous counterfeits of Indian head quarter eagles, so it might be advisable to have the coin examined by a third-party grading service.

Welcome to the forum.

As stated, this is the wrong Forum but aside from that, if you are posting about a die rotation,    
you should take the photo in front of a mirror at a slight angle so we can see both sides at once.