• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NGC Pricing - How often is it updated?
1 1

2 posts in this topic

I noticed a pretty significant pricing anomaly.  NGC's pricing on an 1847 O $10 Liberty Gold Coin (for example in MS 55) is $1600 and has been since 7/17/2017. PCGS has the same coin's value as $3500; recently upped from $3250.  More than double!  The Greysheet price for the same coin/grade is $2000.00 and this is supposedly the "wholesale" price.  25% more than the listed NGC price.  NGC says the last time they changed the price was in 2021 (no change apparently).  I would think this would hurt NGC's reputation and the value of their graded coins in the market place, correct?

Greysheetprice1847OMS55.thumb.jpg.1dce3ce49a94de1ac3d673342da0793a.jpgPCGSGraph1847OMS55.thumb.jpg.23c1693999ff4405905940121d20adf0.jpgNGCGraph1847OMS55.thumb.jpg.69dffc40b27b4930ccfbb31aa1e302c7.jpg

• Administrator

Hello @Pkirby

Thank you for reaching out to us. The values provided online and in the price guide are not provided by NGC directly. The NGC Coin Price Guide shows average dealer retail prices based on actual, documented transactions and other information reported by third parties (collectors, dealers, and auction houses) for NGC-certified coins. When information is missing or has not been updated, it is because these third parties have not reported new sales data. 

I appreciate your feedback regarding the information provided, and I will be happy to share your concerns with our management team.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.