• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CAC Stickering Prices

35 posts in this topic

On 6/12/2023 at 4:48 PM, Coinbuf said:

But that email says nothing about a special rate of $16 vs the newly announced econ tier of $22; I think that you will be charged $22 for each coin that passes but I will hope I'm wrong on this.   Please update once you get your invoice for the group you just sent in so we have a definitive answer to the amount of the fee.

I filled out the online form and was charged $22. I think @Tyrock mentioned the $16 in error. I never gave $16 a thought while filling out the submission.  I was aware the price had been raised. 

Member @VKurtBnot surprisingly, ups the ante.  No one can pay him to avail himself of the service. My approach is more analytical. To begin with, I do not believe any one person should be able to exercise that kind of power and influence particularly on a subjective matter -- coming up with an opinion that simply occurs to him. I know tasteful toning when I see it, and eye appeal is strictly in the eye of the beholder. And what about reconsideration and and appeal?  If performed by JA, would that not constitute a conflict of interest?

No, I guess I don't see the appeal in the piecemeal approach. IMNSHO, it's either all or none. Either all your coins are so stickered, or none of them are. One or two implies all the others in a compilation are lacking in something. It's as much a distraction as mixing mint state coins with proofs. It just ain't done.  🤔  

On 6/12/2023 at 7:02 PM, GoldFinger1969 said:

What's with this "not accepting new members" stuff -- I think it's been that way from BEFORE Covid !! :o

The old members had to have submitted most or all of their personal coins long ago...probably what is happening is these "grandfathered" members are submitting coins on behalf of people who never submitted their coins before.

They should take coins from whomever; why grandfather some dealer who submits 50 coins a months and exclude a small collector who just wants CAC to review 5-10 a YEAR. :mad:

...i think u answered ur own question..."50 per month" versus "5-10 per year"...in addition to the handling turn around per customer....

Saw on the CAC Forum that CACG is accepting credit cards, but CAC stickering is not. The information is from the CAC team.  A little confusing as the submission form I just sent into CAC for stickering had a spot for credit card information.

CAC called today after receiving my submission. CAC stickering does accept credit cards and the value limit under the old $16 economy tier is now $3000, not the old $10,000 limit. And if you have private insurance, you have to use it for the entire return shipping or pay for their coverage. You can no longer combine your private insurance with their coverage.