• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another "con" coin ripoff.

3 posts in this topic

I did not get very far into the article before rolling my eyes and closing it out. It should amaze me but it does not :  the sheer stupidity of some people. Reminds me of crypto. Sure, I will invest into a created digital currency and dump a bunch of money into some kind of online account so when I get to my account page, I can see digital digits on my screen that say 100. But there is nothing physical to hold. Just a digital number on a screen. Hmmm....100 100                 100          100 100  why not 1000 10000 100000.....gee, I could not only look at it on my screen but type it in for FREE! 1000000000000

This is different as you can buy a physical coin or check, but is akin to someone you don't know, some stranger, saying if you hand me $10, I'll come back in a year and give you $100 back. Because, SURE, I'll see you back in a year with my $100, right? I might as well invest in coins made in some guys garage...doh!

I'll invest my $10 in US Treasury coins, thank you.

If people want to "invest" or buy stuff like that, quite frankly, they almost deserve to lose their $$$.  Unless they are like my father and can claim a mental or dementia or Alzheimers issue.

My father spent a few thousand bucks on "coins" that are probably worth $500 tops.  He bought them as presents but you get the idea. :mad: