• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1977 Eisenhower Dollar No Mint Mark On A 40% Silver Planchet
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 4:58 PM, Sandon said:

@EagleRJO--I hope you realize that you posted a photo of a Kennedy half dollar, not an Eisenhower dollar. Of course, the "Rs" are different!

Yea, that was the wrong one.  Fixed to show the Ike dollar transitional error coin.  They both used the same "peg-leg R", with the Ike 1977-D $1 transitional error that has that "peg-leg R" being the one I think the counterfeiters were trying to copy and they just missed the "D" mint mark.

On 5/24/2023 at 12:04 AM, powermad5000 said:

.............(rant supression activated)......

[It's a shame my wife's cell, by comparison, did not include this device. I wouldn't'v'd to change my User Name--and I could have saved myself and an army of moderators a lot of irritation, aggravation, expulsions and deportations.]  My Ikes are not special like yours. I gave one to a Chinese lady collecting recyclables. She kissed my hand and bowed deeply. I was very humbled...

On 5/28/2023 at 9:49 PM, Henri Charriere said:

[It's a shame my wife's cell, by comparison, did not include this device. I wouldn't'v'd to change my User Name--and I could have saved myself and an army of moderators a lot of irritation, aggravation, expulsions and deportations.]  My Ikes are not special like yours. I gave one to a Chinese lady collecting recyclables. She kissed my hand and bowed deeply. I was very humbled...

Did she think you were the Pope?

The excess thickness of this piece is being used as a substitute for the correct metal to achieve the correct weight. This piece is as fake as a Hollywood actress. 

On 6/19/2023 at 5:12 PM, VKurtB said:

.... This piece is as fake as a Hollywood actress. 

Is this your quaint way of suggesting Chris Rock got slapped i/f/o a live studio audience of millions, for nothing?  🤣

On 6/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, Henri Charriere said:

Is this your quaint way of suggesting Chris Rock got slapped i/f/o a live studio audience of millions, for nothing?  🤣

If I made Chris Rock money, anyone could slap me all they want.