• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1908 Indian Head question
2 2

6 posts in this topic

I only have one Indian Cent in my collection.

It's definetly a MPD but it has a few other things going on. Can someone help me with this. I don't have any books and my internet research is coming up blank.

I took the best pictures I could. I think everything shows up okay except for the clash above the Indians head. It's much more obvious in hand with a loupe. The die crack on the reverse shows up in the pictures but again is much more pronounced in hand.

I hope someone can offer some feedback.

Thank you 

20230514_142208.jpg

20230514_141909.jpg

20230514_142236.jpg

20230514_141855.jpg

20230514_142148.jpg

20230514_142200.jpg

Pretty coin but the images are not clear enough to match anything in Snow's books. He lists over 30 varieties for the 1908.

If I were to collect Indian cents I would buy that book so I could narrow it down. At this time I am satisfied with this example. Thank you for sharing that information.

I have a question of my own.  Clearly this is a very attractive Mint State coin, but is it worth the price of submission to address all your concerns and have it authenticated, certified, formally graded and encapsulated?  I would do so based solely on the strength of its pristine clean look, but this is a decision only you can make.