• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 D Penny

4 posts in this topic

Welcome to the forum!

Clear, cropped photos could possibly help in the investigation of your claim. Are you supposing that it is magnetic, or have you put a strong magnet to it and coin sticks to the magnet? Also for this case, the weight of the coin in grams to two decimal places would also be helpful. 1975 D Lincoln Memorial Reverse cents were made of brass with a weight of 3.11 grams +/- .02 grams of mint tolerance. Hopefully you have some way to weigh the coin.

On 5/11/2023 at 9:33 PM, powermad5000 said:

Welcome to the forum!

Clear, cropped photos could possibly help in the investigation of your claim. Are you supposing that it is magnetic, or have you put a strong magnet to it and coin sticks to the magnet? Also for this case, the weight of the coin in grams to two decimal places would also be helpful. 1975 D Lincoln Memorial Reverse cents were made of brass with a weight of 3.11 grams +/- .02 grams of mint tolerance. Hopefully you have some way to weigh the coin.

Hey thanks ! And it wasn't a strong magnet but I felt the pulling when I noticed. And it does weigh what copper weighs because I was weighing my coins as I was searching through rolls and separating the copper ones from the zinc...I haven't gotten ro take pictures yet. I will soon after I double check my findings...it's put away for the moment until I get free time to pull out my coins.