• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 on Canada PL or DPL registry

4 posts in this topic

I was considering purchasing a higher price 1968 on pl or Dpl Canada coin.  I ONLY see total MS records!    Why don't you show pl or Dpl records?  I will NOT pay a higher price without EASILY seeing a population report.

If you want to Certify more canada coins, 

Please add this reporting!  Thks!

That is due to the fact that the last Canadian PL sets were struck in 1967.  
There were no PL coins after that.

What 1968 coin are you referring to?

Edited by Greenstang

I'm no expert on Canadian coins, but I could swear I've seen PL sets referred to later than 1967. Is it an inaccurate description? I mean, this hobby IS prone to inaccurate terminology, after all. By the way, I do know that in the late 1960's one year, there were American made Canadian dimes. The key is the reeding.

Edited by VKurtB

I'm no expert on Canadian coins, but I could swear I've seen PL sets referred to later than 1967. Is it an inaccurate description? I mean, this hobby IS prone to inaccurate terminology, after all. By the way, I do know that in the late 1960's one year, there were American made Canadian dimes. The key is the reeding

The term "PL" is  a whole new discussion but to answer your question

Your pretty much dead on, any PL set after 1967 is BU so PL is an inaccurate description  There are also Specimen Sets and Proof Sets.

The Dime minted in the Philadelphia Mint was the 1968 when Canada switched over from silver to Nickel and the RCM needed help with the minting. As you said, the difference is in the reeding, a US made dime has flat bottoms on the reeds and Canadian made dimes have V shaped bottoms on the reeds. 

Edited by Greenstang