• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JFK Conspiracies. . . or maybe just questions (4/8)
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Double-Die is deleterious for me.  LOL, yeah, I had to look up the word before I chose to use it.  I can’t determine what is legit and what is ghost-like die erosion doubling, shelf-like strike or die doubling, microscope/scanner trickery, etc., etc., etc….  I have a few rolls of 60’s JFK’s and the bookmarked website for NGC Variety Plus coins, which for me is an extremely dangerous combination!  I found some examples that have DD effect and I would like to verify what is what.  I will try to focus on anomalies that I think are of note, but if I miss anything, please let me know.  I have an idea that only a couple of my examples will be legit regarding doubling.  I also have a funny feeling that a couple of things I did not point out may be something of note.  Any info would be fantastic and appreciated! Thanks in advance!

F: 1966: Obverse: Nothing to note.  Reverse: “HALF DOLLAR” and “AMERICA” has doubling.

zpF-66p-O.jpg

zpF-66p-R.jpg

zpF-66p-R2.jpg

zpF-66p-R3.jpg

Please do not make everything about doubling. There is so much more to this hobby than chasing ghosts. 

VKurtB, I appreciate the advice and I get where your coming from.  I 'm not trying to find a "million dollar" coin, but when I find coins with anomalies, be they significant or otherwise, I put it out there to see what is what.  I have always acquired, more so than collected, coins but only recently began my descent into madness with focusing on collecting. The Doubling feature vexes me and I am trying to get a better understanding of it.