• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

6516864 scheduled for grading
1 1

91 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2023 at 9:46 AM, Just Bob said:

Thank you for confirming what I and a few others have been saying for years. I just wish that we could convince others on this website who insist on pointing out every wrong detail that they can find on the numerous fakes that we see here.

There is a fine line between providing newer collectors enough information to identify counterfeits themselves and providing other than known information on the web (see link below about a different CWT) about coins and tokens which may help counterfeiters.  I don't see an issue with sharing info readily available on the web if researched.

I don't think enough information has been provided to the op in order for them to identify counterfeits of the subject token in the future.  This could be done by PM if there is a concern about openly sharing that information, but then that would have to be repeated for each person seeking the same info about a coin or token.

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8043/counterfeit-detection-january-2020-civil-war-token/

Edited by EagleRJO